Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rose

A Poem by yours truly .....

An acacian heart,
That is mine,
Keeps an iris-ian picture,
on the divine.

Oh Lord,
I ask thee,
Ambrosian future,
Is it for me?

The breeze around me,
Carries along,
Petals of agapanthus,
Where no daffodils belong.

"Cedar, Cedar!",
Is the line at the start,
Ivy, Rosemary, Daisy,
Shower from my heart.

Juniper, that I am,
For you my rose,
Just allow me to be,
At your close.

With that the petals,
Vanish behind,
The iris-ian picture,
In my mind.

© Copyright 2007 Icanwrite

I wrote this sometime during my stay at IITK. Someone (some student at IITK) requested me to write a poem of love for them. That person's friend wanted to publish a book and wanted a poem that he could insert inside. Ofcourse, i was to be duly credited for my work. Not sure, whether the book was published/finished/came out or just stayed within papers. However, if you ever find a book with this particular poem inside of it, do let me know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what beautiful words my friend, need a dictionary to understand :P. jokes apart, too good; it touched a chord somewhere in my small heart. keep up the gr8 work. ciao!

tengantsuu said...

Thanks yaar! :)

thinking_gene said...

hey arun, didnt know u culd write so well,i think u shld begin the work...[on the book we discussed abt]. gr8 power of expression!! keep it up dude.

tengantsuu said...

I am thinking of the book ;). But as far as i can recall, it was supposed to be a collaborative work :P. Also, we need to find someone who can type it down for us :D.

Thanks for the comment. Truly appreciated :).