Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Until Death Do Us Apart

My love, my love is anything but,
Thinly veneer from a masonry cut.
Deep rooted in my earthen soul,
Feeds on me to become a whole.

You were my moon, my beautiful,
But I was your sun and dutiful.
Pray I ask, to what does the moon,
Owe its beauty, or is it too soon?
Was my light not enough for you?
It wasn't much, but it was true.

Two sides of a coin, I thought; shame
For one can't see the other's blot.
Apart but together, how it meant to me,
Together but apart, was it meant to be?

Sin was grave, betrayal unforgivable,
All I did was to make it more livable.
I dispensed justice don't you see?
Your sin punished and now you are free.

           Gentle eyes,
      Dimples of your smile,
         Your warm bosom,
        The tender petal,
       That is your touch,
      I miss, I covet, but
   My heart gripped in sadness,
     For they now lack life.

Your hands, now cold, tremble in mine,
I apologize, my rage crossed a line.
Don't you worry, soon it shall be fine.

You see, one trigger, another pull,
  And both of us free.
As water flows under the bridge,
  And now, so shall we.

No comments: