Saturday, April 4, 2015

Your love tastes like alcohol

Whisky, gin and lavender,
But a broken heart, is all I could smell.
As I picked her up and took her home,
The pain inside her did not yet quell.

How many times have I picked her up?
have I smelt her pain and anguish?
I have lost count yet haven't moved on.
As my heart has yet to languish.

I laid her body on her bed, touched her face,
gently rubbing my fingers across her cheeks,
to feel the dry tears, which she deserved not.

Oh, what I would not do to give her happiness!

Right then she grabbed my hand,
A gentle smile crossed her face,
With happy tears in her eyes,
She locked me in a tight embrace.

Our cheeks brushed, hers still wet,
her beating heart that I couldn't miss,
Before long, I could feel her breath,
Our lips locked in a passionate kiss.

Then she moved her face away,
Her deep set eyes staring at me,
My heart grew three inches big,
If only,
I could cut it out for her to see.

Then she called me by a name,
Staring at me, but it wasn't mine,
She hugged me tight and fell asleep,
Is this where I must draw a line?

I placed her back on her bed,
I walked back to my car,
A journey so long, my feet so heavy,
Every inch of my body was in a war.

I touched my lips,
The sensation of that kiss still lingering,
Her love tastes like alcohol,
With short relief and years of suffering.

No comments: