Monday, May 1, 2017

Tyger Tyger

Genre: Slice of life
Word Count: ~1200
Rating: PG

Aahana came back and threw the keys at his face. Ravi grabbed the keys before it hit his face and gave her an amused look. Having failed at hitting his face, her face turned red with anger.

"Why the hell did you not tell me?" she asked as calmly as she could.

He gave her a fake look of shock and replied, "Why would I? You are asking this question after knowing me for so long!"

Yes, she knew him. They have known each other for as long as they could remember. They grew up in neighbouring houses and both were as close to each other as siblings. What is also true is that Ravi is a prankster and Aahana has bore the brunt of many of his pranks.

She jumped on him like a tigress in fury. Ravi, who was sitting nonchalantly so far, did not see this coming. Aahana has gotten angry at his pranks before and stopped talking to him for few weeks. Then, he would just make up with her and everything would be alright. But never before has she been physical with him.

Aahana, while jumping on him, pinned him down with his shoulders, then she curled her legs around his arm to put him in an armbar hold. Ravi was writhing in pain without knowing how to get out of it.

"I told you that I had to meet this friend who was coming from America. I had told you that she was so smug about her doing well in America that I had to show her that I was doing well too. And all I asked you was if I could borrow your car and call it my own for a few weeks. That's all I asked. I told you how important it was to me, didn't I?"

She gave a tug to the arm as she said those final few words. Ravi wimpered in pain.

"I told you it was important to me and yet you went ahead and did that. You stuck a sticker at the back of the car before you gave it to me which said
HONK ONCE FOR LOVE,
AND TWICE FOR SEX

Hahaha, it was so funny you know", she twisted his arm while saying this. Ravi let out a welp.

"Every damn guy who passed by me, honked twice and sent a flying kiss. At one point, there was a horde of bikers surrounding me and honking and honking and honking and honking ..."

"Do you know how scary that was?"

"On top of it, my friend saw the sticker and tells me I will do really well in America and winked at me. That damn slut called ME a slut - do you even realize how scarring that was for me?"

She started pulling his hand and Ravi was in much greater pain now. "I am sorry, Aahana, I am so sorry, please let me go"

"Oh no no no, it is not your fault Mr. funny man. It is the fault of that brain of yours. But I cannot hurt your brain, since I like your mother a lot. I am just going to damage this hand of yours, that allows you to pull off these pranks."

Ravi realized that he might have gone too far this time around. "Wait, wait, wait, I have some information about your friend from America that you will really find useful."

She looked at him with disdain at his poor attempt at escaping from her.

"No, I am really serious. Your friend's name is Sunaina right. I have really found some interesting information about her."

"Proceed." she said while still holding Ravi's arm in armbar hold.

"You will have to release me, the thing I have to show you is on my laptop."

"Hmm, I don't trust you"

"Aai shappat (Promise on my mother) I am not lying."

Ravi is many things but he hasn't ever taken a promise on his mother in vain. So, she decided to let him go.

"In the morning you were telling me so much about this American friend who is doing so much better than you in America and how you feel that you are falling behind her, that I had to check out who this person was. It was easy to figure out that her name was Sunaina from some of your facebook comments on random posts. I found Sunaina on your facebook friend list then I took her photo to find out more about her on the web."

Ravi sneaked a glance at Aahana to see if she had calmed down, but there was only contempt on her face. He sighed and continued,

"On her facebook profile, she has written that she is a marketing executive. In a way that is true, that is if you consider Amway as a 'marketing' company."

"Amway! She couldn't make the kind of money she makes at Amway!"

"She is not. Do you want to know her true job that pays her bills?" Ravi then quickly brought up a picture on the web that was full of hooter girls and showed it to Aahana.

"What am I looking at?"

"Look carefully at the faces, particularly the one on the far right."

Aahana went through the faces carefully and found that the third girl from the right looked familiar. She had quite a bit of make up on, and her hairstyle was different, but that was Sunaina. Aahana gasped in shock.

"Hahaha, I knew how you would react. But you gotta admit, she is definitely hooter worthy" Ravi said as he lasciviously looked at Sunaina's curves. Aahana slapped the back of his head.

"Wait, that's not the end of it. Do you want to know what she really wants to do?"

Aahana looked at him quizzically.

"Hooters is just a temporary job for her. What she really wants to do is ..." Ravi pulled up a profile page from a website.

"This website is a social networking site for people trying to become actors and this is Sunaina's profile page on that site. This is freaking gold mine, she has put up some head shots and modeling shots and audition videos up here. The audition videos are damn hilarious." Ravi then proceeded to click on one of those videos. Aahana watched the video and could not help but giggle at it, that's how bad it was.

"So, Aahana, what should I do with it? I could release it anonymously to bunch of your friends and that bitch cannot continue to be snooty towards you anymore. How about it? Then we are even right!"

Aahana went quiet and closed her eyes for a few seconds. Then, she replied, "delete all this stuff and never speak about it ever again.

"Wait, why?"

"I thought I had fallen behind, but its not too late." She stood up, turned around and began to leave. But as she was leaving, Ravi felt fire in her eyes, he could almost hear a faint sound of heartbeat and her back looked like that of a tigress with her ponytail flitting from one side to the other.    

No comments: